06 January 2023
EN | BM
This Privacy Notice sets out how Enterprise Managed Services Sdn Bhd (“EMSSB”) (formerly known as MyKRIS Asia Sdn Bhd) (hereinafter referred to as “EMSSB”, “us” or “we”), a corporation within the Maxis Group*, process personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) and the laws of Malaysia. Please read this Privacy Notice to understand how we process the personal data we may collect from you. By providing your personal data to us, you are agreeing to the provisions of this Privacy Notice and consenting to the processing of your personal data as described in this Privacy Notice.
*Maxis Group refers to Maxis Berhad and all its subsidiaries
1. Our Commitment To You We value your trust and are committed to protecting your personal data. To ensure that you can make informed decisions and feel confident about supplying your personal data to us including when using any of our websites, products and/or services, we provide you with this Privacy Notice outlining our practices and the choices you have concerning how your personal data is being or will be processed by us.
2. Defining Personal Data Personal data is defined in the PDPA and generally refers to any information that relates directly or indirectly to you, from which you may be identified, and includes sensitive personal data and expressions of opinion about you. For the avoidance of doubt, please note that this Privacy Notice is applicable if you are a natural person who is a customer of EMSSB, including a natural person trading as a sole trader or natural persons constituting a partnership or, if no longer a customer of EMSSB, where there are outstanding obligations either on your part or on EMSSB’ part.
3. What Kind Of Personal Data We Collect In order for us to provide you with our products and/or services and to operate in an efficient and effective manner, we need to collect personal data from you. The personal data collected by us may include the following:-
3.1 your name, date of birth, identification supporting documents (including NRIC or passport number), current private and/or business address, installation address, telephone or mobile phone number, fax number, email address
3.2 bank account details and your payment history
3.3 recording of your image via CCTV cameras when you visit our branches
3.4 recording of calls placed by you to our help desk for our service enhancement and improvement
3.5 Such other information as may be required for specific reasons/purposes.
4. When And How We Collect Your Personal DataWe may collect your personal data when you:-
4.1 communicate with us (for example when you submit an application form to become our customer, or when you contact us for any enquiries including by calling our customer service)
4.2 register or subscribe for a specific product and/or service and/or our publications (for example, newsletters)
4.3 use our network and products and/or services
4.4 participate in any of our surveys, provide feedback to us (for example via our websites or in hard copy), or lodge a complaint with us,
4.5 register interest and/or request for information of (through our online portals or other available channels), or subscribe to, our products and/or services
4.6 respond to any marketing materials we send out
4.7 (if no longer a customer of EMSSB) where there are outstanding obligations either on your part or on EMSSB’ part
Other than personal data obtained from you (as detailed above), we may also obtain your personal data from third parties we deal with or are connected with you (for example, credit reference/reporting agencies or financial institutions), and from such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of personal data relating to you, and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
5. Purposes of Processing Your Personal Data We may process personal data from you or from the categories of third parties identified in this Privacy Notice, for one or more of the following purposes:-
5.1 to verify your identity
5.2 to enable you to be provided with products and/or services as well as facilities and/or benefits offered by us and/or our related corporations
5.3 to facilitate, assess and/or process your application(s)/request(s) for our and/or our related corporations’ products and/or services
5.4 to provide you with the products and/or services you have requested
5.5 to administer and manage the products and/or services we provide you (including charging, billing, facilitating payments and collecting debts)
5.6 to investigate and resolve, with our customer relations teams, any service issues, billing queries, complaints or other enquiries that you submit to us regarding our network, products and/or services
5.7 to assess and/or verify creditworthiness
5.8 to detect and/or prevent fraudulent activity
5.9 to manage our networks
5.10 to keep in contact with you and provide you with any information you have requested
5.11 to engage in business transactions in respect of products and/or services to be offered and provided to you
5.12 to establish and better manage any business relationship we may have with you
5.13 to process any communications, you send us (for example, answering any queries and dealing with any complaints and feedback)
5.14 to help us monitor and improve the performance of our network, products and/or services, our customer relations teams and service providers and the EMSSB Websites and to make these more efficient
5.15 to maintain and/or develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems
5.16 to manage staff training and quality assurance
5.17 to notify you about benefits and changes to the features of our products and/or services
5.18 to determine how can we improve services to you
5.19 to use your personal data for direct marketing and/or to better identify products and/or services from us and/or our related corporations, preferred merchants and strategic partners that may interest you
5.20 to produce data, reports and statistics
5.21 to investigate, respond to, or defend claims made against, or involving EMSSB
5.22 to maintain records required for security, claims or other legal purposes
5.23 to comply with legal and regulatory requirements
5.25 for any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities
6. Disclosure of Your Personal Data We may disclose your personal data to the following third parties: –
6.1 law enforcement agencies, for the purpose of preventing and/or detecting crime, or for the purpose of investigations and/or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders and/or protection of national security and/or any purpose that is required or authorized by or under any law or by any order or judgment of a court;
6.2 government bodies and agencies, to meet our legal and regulatory obligations;
6.3 other companies, organizations, and/or service providers, to process personal data on our behalf;
6.4 other companies, organizations, and/or service providers to: (i) carry out services on our behalf which is ancillary and/or required for purposes of providing our and/or our related corporations’, preferred merchants’ and strategic partners’ products and/or services to you; or (ii) help us provide services to you such as to provide customer-service, marketing, infrastructure and information-technology services, personalize our service and make it work better; or (iii) process payment transactions; or (iv) carry out fraud and credit checks, and collect debts and protect our rights and defend us and our property; or (v) analyse and improve the information we hold (including about your interactions with services provided by us and/or our related corporations, preferred merchants and strategic partners); or (vi) run surveys; or (vii) carry out any of the purposes as set out in this Privacy Notice.
7. Direct Marketing We may process your personal data to provide you with, or enable our related corporations to provide you with, information, promotions and updates including advertising and marketing materials (“marketing material”) about our and/or our related corporations’ products and/or services as well as products and/or services of our and/or our related corporations’ preferred merchants and strategic partners. Subject to your specific consent, we may also facilitate for our and/or our related corporations’ preferred merchants and strategic partners to provide you with marketing material about their products and/or services, which may be of interest to or benefit you. The aforementioned information, promotions and updates, including advertising and marketing materials may be sent to you via any one or more of the following examples: phone calls, text messages, online banners, emails or via other internet, social or application-based messaging system or any other means of communication. If you do not wish for your personal data to be utilised for the purposes of direct marketing or should you change your mind at any time in relation to your previous decision, kindly contact our Customer Representative via https://www.mykris.net/contact-us/ or Technical Helpdesk at 603-7890 3833. Your latest written and/or verbal instructions to us will prevail.
8. What If You Do Not Provide Us With Your Personal Data?
Where indicated (for example in registration/application forms), it is obligatory to provide your personal data to us to enable us to process your application for our and/or our related corporations’, preferred merchants’ and strategic partners’ products and/or services. Should you decline to provide such personal data, we may not be able to process your application, or provide you and/or continue to provide you with our and/or our related corporations’, preferred merchants’ and strategic partners’ products and/or services.
9. Your Rights To Access And Correct Your Personal Data We can assist you to access and correct your personal data held by us. Where you wish to have access to your personal data in our possession, or where you are of the opinion that such personal data held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or, where relevant, not up-to-date, and you wish to correct such personal data, you may make a request to us by contacting our Customer Representative via https://www.mykris.net/contact-us/ or Technical Helpdesk at 603-7890 3833. In relation to either a data access request or a data correction request, you should quote your name, address and phone/account number and provide brief details of the information you want a copy of or, as the case may be, you want to have corrected, in any such request. Please note that we may decline to comply with your data access request in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event we receive repeated requests from you for access to the same information which burden or expense of providing access is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy. We may also decline to comply with your data correction request in certain situations, for example when you have not supplied us with such information as we may reasonably require to ascertain in what way the personal data to which the data correction request relates is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your data access and/or data correction requests. We shall be entitled to charge a fee (where permitted under the applicable law) for any data access request.
10. Exercising Choices Over Your Personal Data
Subject always to our contractual rights and obligations under relevant laws and regulations, you may exercise your choice to limit the use or the extent of use of your personal data, including personal data relating to other persons who may be identified from that personal data. Should you wish to do so, kindly contact our Customer Representative via https://www.mykris.net/contact-us/ or Technical Helpdesk at 603-7890 3833.
11. Your Obligations You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information to us about yourself and any other person whose personal data you provide us and for updating this personal data as and when it becomes incorrect or out of date by contacting our Customer Representative via https://www.mykris.net/contact-us/ or Technical Helpdesk at 603-7890 3833. This obligation is a condition to the provision of our and/or our related corporations’, preferred merchants’ and strategic partners’ products and/or services to you and/or any other person authorised or permitted by you or your organisation/company to use the products and/or services. In the event you may need to provide us with personal data relating to third parties (for example about your spouse or children or where you are the designated person in charge (from an organisation or company) for dealing with us, if you are acquiring and are responsible for a product and/or service that they will use), you confirm that you have (i) obtained their consent or otherwise entitled to provide their personal data to us and for us to process accordingly, and (ii) informed them to read this Privacy Notice at our website at https://www.mykris.net/contact-us
12. Transfer Of Your Personal Data To Places Outside Malaysia We may transfer your personal data to places outside Malaysia including if the transfer is to our facilities that are located outside Malaysia or if any of our service providers or strategic partners who are involved in providing part of an EMSSB or a Maxis Group product and/or service or outsourced data storage or data processing services for and on behalf of us is located outside Malaysia or has servers and/or related equipment outside Malaysia or if you use the products and/or services from a country other than Malaysia (for example, international roaming). You consent to us transferring your personal data to places outside Malaysia in these instances. We may also transfer your personal data to places outside Malaysia where permitted by law.
13. Updates To Our Privacy Notice We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time and the updated version shall apply and supersede any and all previous versions, including, leaflets or hard copy versions. You are encouraged to check our website and re-visit this Privacy Notice periodically for our most up-to-date Privacy Notice (as reflected by the date of the update set out at the top of this Privacy Notice).
14. Our Contact Details Should you have any queries (including to limit the processing of personal data), concerns or complaints in relation to this Privacy Notice, kindly contact our Customer Representative via https://www.mykris.net/contact-us/ or Technical Helpdesk at 603-7890 3833.
|Designation:||Data Privacy Office|
C-1-G, The Link 2, Jalan Jalil Perkasa 1,
Bukit Jalil, 57000, Kuala Lumpur